Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Five on Friday - Sparrow Review Edition

It's Friday! which means it's time for our Five on Friday feature where we grab a blogger or author and pelt her with five random questions.

Today's Fiver is Cate of the fab Sparrow Review blog. Here's the scoop on Cate:

I'm a small town high school student in North Carolina, and I love to spend a rainy afternoon with a mug of tea and a book. While I mostly review YA Lit, I also love the classics and occasionally something a little different. I also have a passion for fairy tales, and enjoy retellings. When I'm not reading or blogging, you can usually find me baking or watching old Disney movies with my friends (we miss our childhood...ha!) And, believe it or not, I actually really love to tap dance.


Cool! I've always wanted to learn how to tap dance. How fun :) Thanks for playing along, Cate, here are your five questions:

1. What TV show are you following this season?

Ha, this season- more like the rest of my life! As of right now, I'm completely addicted to Gilmore Girls. I own all of the seasons, and just can't get enough of the witty humor.


2. Would you go rock climbing?

Once, when I was about ten or eleven, I was really into rock climbing. Hypothetically, that is. Despite the fact that I am incredibly afraid of heights, I convinced my dad to take me to one of those rock climbing gyms. I think I was in the harness for all of twelve seconds before I realized that I couldn't make myself go more than three feet off the ground out of fear. That phase in my young life ended very abruptly.


3. What's your biggest pet peeve?

People with bad table table manners. I can't stand people who chew with their mouth open, or those obnoxious soup slurpers.


4. If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?

First I would wish for a thousand more wishes, or course! (Is that legal?) Then, a life-sized replica of the Harry Potter castle. Because, truly, who wouldn't want that? Oh, and world peace. It's a draw for me as far as whether the castle or peace would bring more happiness. ;)


5. What is your favorite animal?

Dolphins. Followed closely by pandas.


You are a riot, Cate, I love your answers! Thanks so much for visiting the climbing Rose blog, and everybody be sure to stop by Cate's beautiful Sparrow Review blog.

3 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Great interview!

Linda Kage said...

I swear, my baby girl is the loudest eater I've ever met. Stick a bottle in her mouth, and she makes the most unusual sounds. Of course, she's only seven-weeks old, so I have time to work on quieting her down.

And I gotta agree, a Hogwarts Castle would be so awesome.

Cate said...

Thanks so much for having me!!