Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Five on Friday - Shut Up! I'm Reading Edition

It's Friday which means it's time for Five on Friday where we pose five random questions to some of our favorite bloggers and authors. Today's Fiver is Jessica from Shut Up! I'm Reading.

Here's the scoop on Jessica:

This is Jessica Secret: She's 13. And home-schooled. And, hey, get this, not only does she blog about the books she's read, but she's an aspiring writer too! (Either writing novels or writing/acting for SNL.) Yep, books pretty much rule her life. And awesome music. Sometimes she likes to combine them, especially when writing.


Awesome, Jessica! We love aspiring writers! Ready? Here are your questions:

1. Do you play an instrument?

I took one piano lesson and one guitar lesson. I haven't stuck with either, but I'd love to pull out the guitar again. I loved playing that, even when practicing.


2. What super power do you wish you had?

I'd love to be able to read minds. If I was able to control it, I think it would be an amazing ability. If I wasn't able to control it,then I'd pick flying. Even though I'm deathly afraid of heights, I just think it would be such an exhilarating feeling to be able to fly. Even though the height thing might make it...um...interesting.


3. What's your favorite season of the year?

Fall/Autumn. It's inspiring. I have no idea why, but it inspires everything that I do. My life, writing, drawings...everything.


4. What is something most people don't know about you?

Bloggers don't know that I was in a car accident when I was ten with my seven year-old sister, and two year-old brother. (The ages are just rough estimates, but it was around there.) My mom swerved into a bridge and tipped the car onto its side. I was surprised at how well I handled the situation, I was very calm. After just a little while we were out of car with the help of two very cool men. My mom walked away with a bad scratch with some glass in it, and we all had a sore spot or two where our seat belts had saved us. Friends and family know just about everything about me, I think.


5. What food can you absolutely not stand to eat?

OLIVES. Black, green, it doesn't matter. I gag at the mention/thought of an olive.


Thanks so much for answering our questions, Jessica! That car accident sounds scary, so glad you were all fine. I hope everybody will check out your fabulous Shut Up! I'm Reading blog!

3 comments:

Jessica Secret said...

Thanks for having me! :D

Blaize said...

You're welcome, Jessica! Loved your interview :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

How fun! I luv Shut Up! I'm reading! :)