Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Five on Friday - Roboloblyn Edition

It's Friday, and that means it's time for Five on Friday where we pose five random questions to one of our favorite authors or bloggers. Today's Fiver is Robyn of Robolobolyn's Universe of Books blog.

Here's the scoop on Robyn:

You may have seen me around the blogsphere as Robolobolyn. Or on Twitter as Robbiebear03. You might have been able to tell from that that I'm an avid reader with a bit of a patience issue. Okay, a lot of a patience issue. But let's not get into that. I like all things starting with kitten, dog, book, and Taylor Lautner. I hate all things involving yucky foods, snakes, and annoying little sisters. I am the world's pickiest eater. Put something in front of me and you have a fifty-fifty chance of getting me to eat it. Even less if it involves onions.

I consider myself educated on the subject of books and will babble non-stop on the subject until you yell at me. Or run away. I've even been known to ditch my friends at lunch to go find a corner to read. (I'm sorry, guys. I love you and all, but this is books we're talking 'bout!)

Oh, and I'm a superhero. I've got supervision, flying powers, and am able to leap tall buildings with a single bound. (Not really, but did you believe me? I had you going, I know I did!)


We've never had a superhero before! How fabulous! And I'm so with you on the onion thing :) Now on to the questions:

1. Where were you three hours ago?

Where was I? Well I was on this big ol' yellow thing called the school bus. For forty-five minutes! What was I doing? Sitting on small children, eating their snacks and throwing rocks at the bus driver. Okaaay, so not really. I was actually being quiet, reading Lilith Saintcrow's Betrayals, listening to my iPod, and texting friends. I am quite the multitasker.


2. When you wake up, what is the first thing you think?

I typically plot out the best way to find five minutes of extra sleep. Or ten. Or however much time I can get before my mom starts yelling at me. I dislike any time before 10am. No, scratch that. I loathe any time before 10am. And I will do almost anything to be allotted a few minutes of extra sleep. Including faking sick. But shh! don't tell my mom! :)


3. What's your favorite guilty-pleasure TV show?

*drops head* I hate to admit this, I still watch the Family channel. You know, Hannah Montana, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody/The Suite Life on Deck, Life With Derek, and Wizards of Waverly Place. I even went as far as staying up until 2am to watch the Wizards of Waverly Place movie, simply because I refused to watch the 10pm one because I missed the first 5 minutes. Yes, I know. I'm a dork. But can we please shut up about it now? I can hear you laughing at me. Don't think I can't!


4. What is the last movie you saw in theaters? Was it good?

About a month ago I went to see New Moon. Why? Not because I loved the books (they were good, but not the great thing that everyone makes them out to be) but because the one and only Taylor Lautner was in it. And he was shirtless about 50% of the time!!! :D As you may have noted, I heart Taylor Lautner. I'm planning on marrying that boy someday, despite the fact that my best friend also loves him. I told her if we could find a cloning machine we could share. But I still get to keep the original. She disagrees. She thinks she should get to keep the original. We got into a bit of a fight about it. She's now six feet under. (Weeeell, not really, but she will be if she steals him from me!)

Oh, man. I got off topic! Sorry. So, um, the movie was decent, but no better than the book. Parts were slow and boring, while others were hot and Taylor Lautner-filled. (Otherwise, I only liked the scenes with Taylor.) Everything else was just meh. And the ending blew. But, hey, if it floats your boat, go for it. Just don't steal my man!! :)


5. What's the last sporting event you watched?

Let it be known that I am not a sporty person. I will go to a hockey game if given the chance. But I will not sit and watch it on TV for the heck of it. Too many commercials and the old guys gossiping on about which player is sick or horrible or being traded just bugs me. Therefore, the only sporting event I can even remember watching was about an hour ago: The DVD version of Survivor: Pearl Islands. And do not even try to burst my bubble and tell me that it inst a sporting event. Because it is! Have you watched it? The survivors regularly have to run long distances, swim out into the middle of the ocean, plow into each other, get muddy and balance on beams. Among other physical type things. And, I dunno about you, but getting muddy and plowing into people sure sounds like football to me. And swimming long distances? Hello, swimming!? Running? And balance beams. That's sports. Though I'm not sure if there was ever a time in sport history where some of the teammates stripped in the middle of their challenge/game thing just because their teammates boxers were falling down and they didn't want him to feel embarrassed.


What fabulous answers, Robyn! Thanks so much for playing Five on Friday with us. Everybody be sure to stop by the fabulous Robolobolyn's Universe of Books blog.

1 comment:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Awesome answers. I'm off to check out her blog.