Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Final Excerpt from Confessions and a Giveaway!


Tomorrow is The Big Day! The release of Confessions of a Teenage Psychic by 2010 Debut Author Pamela Woods-Jackson. Yay! On Tuesday, we featured the Prologue to Pamela's book (click here to read it, if you missed it) Yesterday, we had Chapter One (click here if you missed that) and today we get started with Chapter Two.

Here's the blurb:

Caryn Alderson just wants to be a normal teenager. Moving from Houston to Indianapolis and trying to make new friends is hard enough, but when she meets Quince Adams, Rosslyn High School’s star athlete, she wants more than friendship. Unfortunately, two obstacles stand in her way: Quince's girlfriend, cheerleader Kensington Marlow, and Caryn's Uncle Omar. So what’s the problem? Kensington’s cheating on Quince, and Uncle Omar died in Vietnam at age 20!

Imagine hearing voices, seeing spirits no one else can see, and knowing things about people they never told you. No wonder Quince and all her new friends think she’s weird! Then, just when Caryn thinks her psychic abilities are under wraps, her friend Megan blurts out the truth on television. Can Caryn finally admit her secret and just be herself? Does she really have a choice?


And here's the excerpt:

Chapter 2
Caffeine Rush

I spot Megan standing on the street corner outside school that afternoon and hesitantly walk over to join her. Even though she was nice to me today in art class, I’m still the new girl and my insecurities make me wonder if I’d really been expected to come or if it was just a pity-invite.

“Hi,” Megan says, looking surprised.

“You did say today after school, right? For coffee?”

“Oh, yeah,” she says, like she’s just remembered she asked me to join them.

She turns away and continues watching for her friends to emerge from the school building.

“I wasn’t sure if you’d really come,” she adds without looking at me.

I’m not sure whether to stay or go, but while I hesitate, Megan glances over my head and waves both arms. I turn around and see two girls heading toward us.

“Hey, Megan!” shouts one.

“Can we hurry and go?” asks the other one. “I’m meeting Kevin.”

“And who’s this?” asks the first one, staring at me. This girl is very pretty, part Asian, with long black hair and dark eyes. I wistfully admire the rhinestone-studded T-shirt she’s wearing, take another look at my faded Astros shirt, and wish I’d chosen something else for my first day at a new school.


Click here to continue reading Chapter Two.

And don't forget to leave a comment--anytime this week--to be entered in a drawing to win a copy of Pamela's fun book!

No comments: