Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Excerpt from Confessions of a Teenage Psychic & a Giveaway!


Just two days away from the release of Confessions of a Teenage Psychic by 2010 Debut Author Pamela Woods-Jackson. Yesterday we featured the Prologue to Pamela's book (click here to read it, if you missed it yesterday) and today we get started with Chapter One.

Here's the blurb:

Caryn Alderson just wants to be a normal teenager. Moving from Houston to Indianapolis and trying to make new friends is hard enough, but when she meets Quince Adams, Rosslyn High School’s star athlete, she wants more than friendship. Unfortunately, two obstacles stand in her way: Quince's girlfriend, cheerleader Kensington Marlow, and Caryn's Uncle Omar. So what’s the problem? Kensington’s cheating on Quince, and Uncle Omar died in Vietnam at age 20!

Imagine hearing voices, seeing spirits no one else can see, and knowing things about people they never told you. No wonder Quince and all her new friends think she’s weird! Then, just when Caryn thinks her psychic abilities are under wraps, her friend Megan blurts out the truth on television. Can Caryn finally admit her secret and just be herself? Does she really have a choice?


And here's the excerpt:

Chapter 1
New Kid, New School Year

“Class, may I have your attention? I’d like to introduce our new student Caryn Alderson. She just moved here from Houston, Texas,” announces the art teacher, Miss Emerson. She looks frazzled, her apron covered in paint, and there’s a smudge of blue chalk on her face.

I feel like an idiot, being presented to the class like I’m in elementary school. What next? Will they greet me in unison?

“Hi, Caryn!” all the students say at once.

Great. My sixth sense always kicks in at the most embarrassing moments.

“Caryn,” says Miss Emerson after the class settles back to work. “As I told you when we met yesterday, we’re already working on our first project of the year. So to get you up to speed quickly, I’ll partner you with someone.” Miss Emerson looks around the room for a likely victim. “Megan? Megan Benedict, may I have a word with you?”

Megan is absorbed in a pencil drawing on the other side of the room and clearly doesn’t want to be disturbed. She groans and rolls her eyes as she gets up from her stool and walks across to the front of the room where I’m still standing next to Miss Emerson. Megan stops in front of me, arms clasped across her chest, glaring at me like I’m her worst nightmare. Right now all I want to do is run—back to my mother, back to Houston, anywhere but here.


Click here to continue reading Chapter One!

And don't forget to come back and tell me what you think. Everyone who comments on the blog this week is entered to win a copy of Pamela's awesome book!

1 comment:

Lisa R said...

This book sounds a little like the confusing years that must have plagued Allison Dubois of Medium. Love, love that show. This book is so going to the top of my wishlist.

alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com

http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/