Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


We've Got a Crush - Sixteen Candles

This week, we've been celebrating the release of The Stillburrow Crush by 2010 debut author Linda Kage, by counting down five favorite crush movies. And since this is Friday, that means we've reached my #1, all-time favorite crush movie. And while I was tempted for a moment to make it Lars and the Real Girl (because it's hard to imagine a crush any stronger than one that doesn't notice plastic!) in reality, it wasn't difficult to choose. My favorite crush movie is...of course...drum roll, please...Sixteen Candles.



Maybe it's because I can SO relate to Sam (let's just say I looked a LOT more like Sam than I did like Jake's girlfriend, Caroline in high school) and because I too had a crush on the hot, unattainable guy (although he never showed up at my sister's wedding to whisk me away *sigh*). Or maybe it's because Samantha's impossibly clueless grandparents, her vain, self-centered sister, her obnoxious little brother, and her overwhelmed parents, reminded me so much of my family, but this movie seems like a slice of my high school life--with a wonderful, wish-fulfilling ending tacked on!



So that's my favorite crush movie of all time--how about yours? And speaking of wonderful endings, don't forget to check back next week when we'll be posting YOUR crush stories and asking everyone to vote on them. Whoever gets the most votes will win a copy of Linda Kage's The Stillburrow Crush.

And by the way, it's not too late to enter--send your crush story to me at blaizerose (dot) cr (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll post it next week.

In the meantime, check out this book trailer for Stillburrow to get a taste of a truly fabulous crush!

2 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Oh wow! That's a good one! My favorite growing up had a similar scenario. Mine was Dirty Dancing. The not so pretty girl who falls in love with the bad boy against her daddy's wishes. I LOVED that movie. I had a Johnny Castle poster on my closet door. (RIP Patrick; You'll always be Johnny Castle in my eyes)

Blaize said...

Oh, yeah! I definitely loved Dirty Dancing and Johnny Castle. I even loved the second movie Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights which everyone else thought was terrible :)