Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


We've Got a Crush - Linda Kage Edition

All this month we're celebrating the release of The Stillburrow Crush by Linda Kage--and Valentine's Day--by dedicating the blog to all things romantic. The Stillburrow Crush is all about Carrie Paxton and her crush on the hottest guy in school, so we thought it would be fun to ask everyone to share their own crush stories this month. And what better way to start than with our very own Linda Kage, debut author of The Stillburrow Crush.

Here's Linda's story:


My senior year, I thought this guy named Jake, who went to a different school, was pretty cute. I always saw him at track meets and ball games. He could run the quarter mile like you wouldn't believe. He'd make a bunch of touchdowns against us at football games, and my friends would yell at me each time he did, like I'D jinked our team or something (truth was, we had a really awful football team). But he wasn't that great at basketball. EVERYONE knew I had a crush on him--even though I never even talked to the guy--even my yearbook staff teacher. So, at one track meet, my teacher made me point him out so she could take a picture of him for me. And that was the extent of my stalking days!!


I love your crush story, Linda! And I love that your crush Jake sounds a lot like Luke, your football-playing hero of The Stillburrow Crush. Coincidence? :)

Got a crush story you want to share with us? E-mail it to me at blaizerose (dot) cr (at) gmail (dot) com. We'll be posting crush stories on the blog all this month and asking readers to vote on them. Whoever's crush story gets the most votes will win a copy of The Stillburrow Crush.

7 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

What fun! :)

Elie said...

Cute story Linda. Did you keep the picture?

Linda Kage said...

You know, I think I just might have a picture of him still stashed away in my high school keepsakes box. Hmm.


And, no, I confess, it's not such a coincidence that Luke in Stillburrow Crush is a football player (blush)!

Blaize said...

Now I'm dying to see that photo, Linda! :)

Thanks for stopping by, Juju and Elie!

Diane said...

I was thinking that story sounded a little like your book. We gotta draw from what we know, right? :O)

Robyn Campbell said...

You jinx! =) Too funny. And is that unrequited love? Happy day with your sweet one today Linda. Kiss her lots. =)

Luke could be modeled after THE CRUSH! WOW! =)

Kate said...

I love that you didn't have to say anything but everyone knew. Damn I want to see that picture!