Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


We've Got a Crush - Elvis and Annabelle

We're celebrating romance this month, and especially the romance of our upcoming release, The Stillburrow Crush, by 2010 debut author Linda Kage. This week, we're featuring movies that have great crushes in them. Today's featured movie is rather obscure, but it's a good one! It's Elvis and Annabelle, and while it's never been officially released in theaters, it has been featured at a film festival and shown on TV.



Elvis and Annabelle is a story about Elvis, (Max Minghella) who runs a funeral home for his father whose health is failing, and Annabelle, (Blake Lively) a beauty queen whose pushy mother makes all her decisions for her. The story takes place in small-town Texas, and when Elvis spots Annabelle standing by the side of the road taking pictures with her family, he falls for her on the spot.

I won't give too much away except to say the story involves a near-death experience, a kiss, a rescue, an escape, and of course, a killer crush :) Here's the trailer:



So do you have a favorite crush movie? Leave us a comment and tell us about it!

8 comments:

Elie said...

Wow, the opening scene was creepy, but that looks really good. I am going to look for that one. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if it can be rented. hmmm

My favorite crush movie? All that jumps in my brain is practical magic. Don't know if that classifies as a crush movie, but I liked it.

Blaize said...

I've never seen that one--I'll have to check it out :) Thanks for stopping by, Elie!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Oh my! I've never seen this. I'm racing to Netflix right now.

Oooo Elie I LOVE Practical Magic!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Oh no I can't find it. :(
I totally want to see this.

Blaize said...

I saw it on Lifetime, Juju. Don't know if they plan to show it again--I hope so, or that it will come out on DVD because I LOVED it!

Haleyknitz said...

omg that looks AMAZING!!! gotta see it :D

Blaize said...

You will love it, Haley :)

Ursina said...

Wow. Want to see that now!