Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


She's Got a Crush - The Mystery Blogger :)

We're celebrating the upcoming release of The Stillburrow Crush by Linda Kage! All this week, we're posting YOUR crush stories and asking everybody to vote on their favorites. Whoever gets the most votes will win a copy of Linda's fabulous book.

Today's crush story comes from...a blogger who wishes to remain anonymous!



She says:

There's a good shot the hottie in question could find out (a mutual friend swears he reads my blog sometimes)


Fair enough! Here's our mystery blogger's story:

My best and most heartbreaking crush was on a good friend and classmate of mine. I met him when I started high school and found out I was not the only one drawing horses in art class. I'll call him Cowboy. Then I find out we are on the same nerd team. That started off 3 years of jokes, teasing and ribbing. We would argue for hours at team practice and back in the art room. Slowly but surely I was falling hard for him. He loved bucking out horses just as much as I did. We could talk about anything under the sun. Both being nerds it was rare that we did not carry around a book or two.

Then in Cowboy's last year of high school we ended up in the same class. Some friends were in that class as well and they thought it was hilarious the way I could not take my eyes off him. You see Cowboy was not exactly what you would call a pretty boy with a scarred face and messy black hair. What he did have was a killer body, one that he hid usually under hoodies and large T-shirts. So for a semester we teased each other about the work and the books. He thought my books were trash and that historicals didn't count as literature. I thought he was reading books a bit too far off the deep end. He stopped talking to me though after another classmate made the joke that we should go out. Then his jokes only showed up when we were at practice.

He left after that to college, or so I thought. At a mutual friend's book launch, I about melted into the carpet when Cowboy walked in. My best friend had to drag me out of there. He had on dirty worn-in blue jeans, a horse-slobbered hoodie and work boots. A greasy ballcap topped off the look. And before I left, he winked at me and shot me his customary crooked grin. You have no idea how much I miss Cowboy. He made everything better, funnier and had me looking forward to each day of jokes. He broke my heart and mended it again with each joke and tease.


What an awesome story! You need to track down that cowboy! Thanks so much for sharing your crush story with us :)

If you liked The Mystery Blogger's story, pick one of the reaction buttons below to vote for it!

And be sure to stop by Linda Kage's blog for her Stillburrow book launch countdown! Today, she's giving us a glimpse into her heroine's (Carrie Paxton) yearbook from her junior year. Cool!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I love the story from anonymous!

Elie said...

AWwww, you two should have ridden off in the sunset together.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

O that's so hot! Did she end up with Cowboy? I'm so anxious to know :)