Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Thursday Link Up

So what's going on in the YA blogosphere this week? Well, Linda Kage, author of the upcoming Climbing Rose release The Stillburrow Crush, won the Honest Scrap award and is telling brutal truths about herself:

I finished writing my first full manuscript when I was sixteen. It was about 115,000 words long, titled "The Tangled Web," and was a romantic suspense, which is currently hidden in the furthest depths of my closet, never to see the light of day again (yeah, it was that bad).


Linda, I'd back my first attempt at a novel against anyone's in a should-never-see-the-light-of-day challenge :)

MizB, at Should Be Reading, has a fabulous idea for helping with those oh-so-hard-to-keep New Year's Resolutions:


The weekly event, NEW BEGINNINGS, is all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so I thought, why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?


Check out the New Beginnings post for the challenge guidelines and sign-up instructions.

And over at Find Your Next Book Here they're running a challenge to love. It's called the Take Another Chance Challenge:

This year, the challenge will be called Take Another Chance. Like last year, the challenge is all about taking chances with your reading by finding books to read in unusual or random ways. Unlike last year, I'm offering different levels of participation and a longer time frame to encourage greater participation and decrease frustration.


There are twelve different challenge levels and prizes, too! What more does anyone need?

And DogEar Diary is running a challenge after my own heart. It's called the Dogeared Reading Challenge:

This reading challenge is about appreciating the old, worn-out and beat-up books we come across. They're out there, and perhaps they're feeling neglected- hoping they don't get shuffled long enough to end up in the recycling (or worse, trash). So let's give them some love! For the Dogeared Challenge, you have to read dog-eared, torn, stained, winkled, falling-apart or otherwise in-bad-condition books.


I love finding old books--give me a library sale and a bag to fill and I'm a happy shopper--so I think this is a wonderful idea.

What about you? Any fun reading challenges you've signed up for? Leave me a comment and tell me about them. Happy Thursday, everyone!

No comments: