Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Five on Friday - Haley Knitz Edition

It's Friday which means it's time for Five on Friday where we pelt innocent bystanders with random questions :)

Today's Fiver is Haley of The Life (and Lies) of an Inanimate Flying Object (Best blog title ever!)

About The Life (and lies): I started my blog in 2007, but it was just a regular blog. I found out about book blogging in 2009, and slowly made the switch. I now blog about everything--books and reviews, contests, politics, school, religion (I'm a Christian), songs that I write, excerpts of my books, funny links and videos that I find, my adventures in the knitting world, and just about everything else.

I am also starting a book club at called Library Ghosts.


Fabulous, Haley! Ready for your five questions? Here we go:

1. What's your earliest childhood memory?

When I was really little I was in AWANA at my church (a kids Bible group), I brought my stuffed Dalmatian dog from 101 Dalmatians to church. I called him Bongo. My best friend said his name was Pongo, and I got mad at him and we had a very serious discussion about Bongo vs. Pongo. We're still best friends and we still argue about everything.


2. What is the last movie you saw in a theater?

Twilight. It sucked. Don't get me started. The books were SO MUCH BETTER!!!


3. Do you play an instrument?

I play the piano and the recorder (similar to a clarinet) by ear. I can't read music--but I can play almost anything in the hymn book!


4. What's the worst advice you've ever taken?

I listened to my mom's sewing advice. I bought a prom dress at Goodwill (it was in perfect condition) but it was missing the straps. I was going to sew ribbon onto the dress and make straps out of ribbon so it would be secure and strong (two very important words!). My mom said it wasn't necessary, because the dress was such a tight fit that straps should be an extra pretty thing, that they didn't really need to hold the dress up, they just needed to be there. I listened to her and made some BEAUTIFUL beaded straps--they broke three times before I called it a night and safety pinned the extra ones (made out of some glittery yarn, for the worst case scenario which came true). Those broke too. I left early... sigh. Last time I ever listened to mom for sewing advice!


5. Have you ever crawled through a window?

Yes--one time my ride dropped me off at home and nobody was there and the door was locked and I had no key, so I pushed this big plastic storage box under my sister's window and climbed in. Now I carry a key with me, and we lock our windows :D


LOL, glad you don't have to climb through the window anymore, Haley! And I totally did AWANA when I was a kid, I loved 101 Dalmatians, and I'm a knitter too--maybe we were separated at birth! :)

Thanks for playing Five on Friday with us, Haley, and good luck with the blog and your book club.

5 comments:

Elie said...

That was a fun interview. I agree, the Twilight books were so much better! But I think New Moon was good.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

I just started following this blog. She's very cool. Sounds like her mom rocks.

Haleyknitz said...

Thanks Blaize!! :D

brizmus said...

Fun interview! I can't believe Twilight was the last movie she saw in the theatre. Wow!

Blaize said...

You're welcome, Haley! And Twilight was enough to put anyone off movies for a while, Brizmus :)