Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Five on Friday - Elie of Ellz Readz Edition

It's Friday which means it's time for my favorite blog feature Five on Friday (maybe I should come up with my own abbreviation: T.G.I.F.F. :)

Anyway, today's Fiver is Elie of the fab Ellz Readz blog:

Once upon a time, I was an elementary school teacher. Now I am a stay-at-home Mom of two little sweeties. I love Cheerios, reality tv, my DVR and Victoria's Secret lotion. In the past year or so, I rediscovered my love for reading. My only problem was that I could not find anyone to share my enthusiasm for the great books I was reading. So I started Ellz Readz. Since then, I have met tons of great people, authors and books. I try to read a variety of titles, but lately it has been a lot of YA. I love doing interviews and giveaways. It is a great feeling to tell someone they won a great book. Sometimes, it's the little things. Stop by and say HI, here is my url: http://ellzreadz.blogspot.com/


Welcome, Elie! Here are your five questions:

1. What is something that annoys you?

Crunching. You know when someone is eating something noisy like chips or hard candy. There is that crunching noise that echos through the room. Imagine you're watching a really good movie and the star-crossed lovers are just about to share their first kiss or in the middle of the climax in a great book and suddenly...CRUNCH. This drives me CRAZY. I have been known to leave a room to get away from the CRUNCH. Seriously.


2. Name four things you always have with you.

  • baby wipes-these will be with me forever. My kids are grateful, who wants their face cleaned with a spitty thumb? (eewwww)

  • hand sanitizer-again its a cleanliness thing (I am a bit of a germaphobe)

  • Barbie cell phone (and mine)

  • Chocolate-I believe that a great deal of life's little problems can be solved with chocolate.


  • 3. Have you ever crawled through a window?

    Why yes, yes I have! I had plenty of practice sneaking out the window when I was young. JUST KIDDING. You should NEVER sneak out of your parent's house *clears throat* My daughter locked me out one day while I was checking the mail. She couldn't unlock it, so she had a good laugh as I shimmied my way back in.


    What's the worst advice you've ever taken?

    Um, you don't want me to answer that one, trust me. NEXT


    4. Who would you cast to play you in a movie?

    Sandra Bullock- it's not so much that we look alike-save the dark hair-but she would be able to imitate me. A bit clumsy, plain (not too girly) and a bit nerdy. But nerdy is the new black, RIGHT??


    5. What's your earliest childhood memory?

    One day the landlord's daughter and I decided we were not colorful enough. So, we took some markers and colored every inch of flesh not covered by clothing with intricate designs. My Mom said it took about a week to get all the color off. I am just glad there was no photographic evidence, otherwise Mom would still be trying to blackmail me.


    LOL, Elie! Great answers (and I'm right there with you on the crunching thing, believe me!) Thanks for stopping by and for your wonderful blog!

    9 comments:

    Elie said...

    Thanks for featuring you, it was a lot of fun!

    Blaize said...

    Thanks for doing it, Elie! Loved your answers :)

    Charlotte (The Book on the Hill) said...

    Crunching + spitty thumb ? Eww, exactly ! :)

    Really fun answers !

    Linda Kage said...

    Hi Elie, Loved your interview. My mother-in-law gave me some strawberries and cream Victoria's Secret lotion once. I've missed that stuff every since I ran out of it :(.

    And I wouldn't recommend owning cuckoo clocks if you don't like crunching during movies. They always ding at the most crucial point of every movie! Of course, you can always turn them of and put them in time out when they misbehave like that!

    It was nice to meet you.

    Raspberry said...

    Great interview - wonderful questions, and a lot of fun to read.
    Love your blog Elie. :)

    GMR said...

    What a fun post! It's always great to learn a bit more about the blogger behind the blog. Definitely LOL at a few of your answers....(I never colored myself multiple colors, but I DID always color those big image coloring sheets in multiple colors)...anywho, thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    Lea said...

    Lol, crunching....Great questions + answers! Absolutely hilarious!

    Awesome interview! :)

    Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

    These are such fun! I love it! Go Elie! :)

    Blaize said...

    Thanks for stopping by, everybody! And thanks for being such a great interview, Elie!