Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Five on Friday - Barbara Stremikis Edition

It's Friday which means it's time for Five on Friday! Today's Fiver is Barbara Stremikis, author of March Misfit which releases TODAY!

Here's the blurb:

When a mudslide destroys her home and kills her parents, fifteen-year-old Cara Talbot is sent to live with a distant cousin, his wife, and five sons on a dairy farm in Indiana. The stink of cattle, a tiny bedroom loft, and two brothers who resent her intrusion make life a bitter struggle. As she copes with her grief, she finds solace caring for an autistic child, who helps her see the softer side of Nicolas March, another family misfit.

(And check out our earlier posts this week of Chapters One, Two, and Three!)


Thanks so much for stopping by, Barbara! Here are your five questions:

1. Do you have any collections?

I collect books: music, travel, novels. I'm presently reading biographies of the presidents, beginning with Washington. I have reached Martin Van Buren, the 8th president. The problem is limiting myself to one book per president. Collecting books was not a conscious choice. I can't seem to let them go once I purchase them. I need more bookshelves.


2. Do you play an instrument?

I majored in music. I play the piano, flute, and organ. I wanted to play the harp too, but my parents decided they had invested in three instruments. That was enough. My dad probably didn't want to listen to more practicing, especially at 6 a.m. when I began, although he loved music.


3. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?

My first thought is about self-imposed exercises, one of my least favorite things to do. If I wait until later in the day, they don't get done and I'm sorry after spending hours at the computer.


4. What is the best job you ever had?

The most challenging and most rewarding job was teaching self-esteem and career exploration classes to college reentry women and to individuals in the Hawaii JOBS Program.


5. Have you ever crawled through a window?

I crawled out a college dorm window (in the days when there were separate boy/girl dorms and strict curfews) and crawled into a basement classroom window where I watched legs passing by looking for a group of us. We safely crawled out and back into the dorm without being caught. I assume it is safe to admit this since most of the faculty are no longer there.


LOL, Barbara, we won't tell anybody! Thanks so much for stopping by. I know everyone will love March Misfit!

And don't forget, everyone who leaves a comment on the blog this week will be entered in our drawing to win a copy of March Misfit!

4 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Fun answers. Thank you :)

Linda Kage said...

Hi Barbara, It's nice to get to know you better. Boy, you did a lot of window crawling (I'm so jealous). I won't tell on you either!

And I love to collect books too. I think about half of my library is full of romance novels. I just love a happy ending.

The next romance I'd like to stock on my shelves is March Misfit. I grew up on a dairy farm and think I'll feel right at home in your story! Can't wait to read it; I adored the first three chapters.

Amy said...

Crawling through a dorm window? That's pretty adventurous! :-D

Christine said...

Dear Barbara,
I enjoyed reading your interview and will now enjoy March Misfit. You have such an interesting, varied background which lends itself well to creating strong female heroines. I can see the affinity between you and them! Keep writing and I'll look forward to your next release! Thank you :)