Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Five on Friday - Bianca of Wicked Good Books Edition

It's Friday, which means it's time for Five on Friday where we ask perfectly nice people to answer our crazy questions. :) Today, we're chatting with Bianca of Wicked Good Books.

Hi, Bianca! Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I am wicked terrible at describing myself, but I'll give it a go. I'm just a 15 year old girl from Kansas City, MO who has high hopes of moving to Boston after I graduate. I play Tetris online and I am pretty fond of beating my time and one day I will be on the record board! I love watching baseball, especially the KC Royals and Boston Red Sox. I love theatre, writing, blogging and reading (obviously.) I'm on my school's cross country, swimming, and soccer team. I really, really loathe math. I'm not too fond of AP US History either!


Wow! I'm worn out just reading all the stuff you do, Bianca! Good for you! Are you ready for your five questions? Here goes:

1. What is something you wish you were better at?

I wish I was better at singing. I cannot sing for the life of me. I can sure try, but it won't be too pretty. I am completely envious of those who can, especially Broadway singers! What I wouldn't give to have a voice like theirs.....


2. What’s your favorite movie of all time? Why?

Goodfellas. I could go on and on why this is my favorite movie. Basically not only is it directed by Martin Scorsese, but there are fabulous actors in it like Ray Liotta and Robert De Niro. I can quote that movie like you couldn't believe. It's a must see, especially if you like mafia movies. My other top 3 movies are: Say Anything, The Sandlot, and My Girl.


3. What is the last movie you saw in a theater? Was it good?

I saw NEW MOON with one of my best friends. I enjoyed it and thought it was a lot better than Twilight. I've read the books and New Moon is my favorite out of the series. *ahem* Team Jacob. I was seriously drooling over that boy and his 8 pack. ;)


4. When is the last time you ran? Why?

I believe the last time I ran for more than a couple of minutes (instead of just running to class between the bells and whatnot) was October 20th, 2009. Yes, that is the exact date. I know this because, I always keep track of my running/other sports I do. That was the day right after I ran in my last cross country meet of the season. I was at cross-country practice and I can't remember what I did, I think it was like 3-4 miles that day. Cross country season wasn't over at the time, but the next day I wasn't feeling well at all and we didn't have school Thursday or Friday. Well, there was practice on Friday morning, but by that time I had gotten the flu. Next week was districts but only the senior and junior on the team were the only ones that were trying to qualify for State, so the rest of us (only 3 people) XC was over. Next year I am going to be a beast at cross country. Even if it kills me!


5. What is the last play you saw?

I LOVE THEATRE. I'm actually apart of this program for HS students to go and review other plays/musicals at other high schools in the city. The last play, actually it was a musical, that I went was AIDA. I was already a fan of the show before I went to the HS so I was eager to watch them perform it! I also got these pretty cool AIDA magnets.


Bianca, you are one impressive young woman! Good luck with all your fabulous activities and thanks so much for hanging out with us! I know everyone will want to check out your Wicked Good Books blog.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

2 comments:

Linda Kage said...

Hi, Bianca! How wonderful to meet you. I've been to one Royals game, but that was a long time ago and I don't remember it at all. Sigh.

I love that part in Goodfellas where Joe Pesci is all like, "What? Am I clown to you?"

And I was Team Edward myself all the way through the books and right up to the point in the New Moon movie when Jacob took his shirt off. Then, I was, "Oh, no! Now I'm torn."

Bianca said...

Thank you for interview me! C:

Linda! Royals games are awesome. I just looked on your profile and realized you're from the midwest! YAH.

ME TOO. That is one of my favorite scenes. However, even though I've seen the movie soo many times, I still find myself cringing when it gets to that part. Just because situation is rather awkward.

Yah, I was team Edward too. Then I got to New Moon and at first I was like 'oh no! Edward is gone' but I got over it pretty fast when Jacob came unto the scene.