Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Five on Friday - Linda Kage Edition


It's Friday! That means it's time for Five on Friday--(no matter that it's Friday the thirteenth--we scoff at triskaidekaphobia!). Today, we're posing our five random questions to Linda Kage, author of the upcoming Climbing Rose release The Stillburrow Crush.

Blurb: Sixteen year old, Carrie Paxton, isn't the most popular girl in her small town of Stillburrow. But that's never concerned her before. Her life revolves around her writing, and she loves her job as the student editor of the school paper. But when she gets assigned to interview the football team's beloved quarterback, she takes one look into Luke Carter's blue eyes and is a goner. Suddenly, she doesn't like her lowly rank so much. Then her dreamy, popular crush surprises her when he starts to act as if he likes her in return. But there's no way Luke Carter could possibly ever like a nobody like Carrie Paxton. Is there?
Sounds wonderful, right? And now our five questions for Linda:

1. Have you ever met a celebrity? Who and where?

The most famous person I ever met was Julie Garwood. She's in my writing group, actually. How awesome is that?


2. Do you have any collections? What?

Ever read Hansel and Gretel? Well, I collect little children and keep them in my basement... I'm kidding. I don't have a basement (or a children collection either!!). But I do honestly collect Cuckoo Clocks.


3. Name four things you always have with you.

Let's see, I always have my purse, cell phone, underwear (cause, you know... I'm wearing them), and my baby. But that last is only till February. It's going to suck after she's born and has to go to a babysitter. I'll miss her, PLUS people will think I'm talking to myself, which I probably will be, but I won't be able to say I'm talking to my baby anymore. Sigh.


4. What country do you most want to visit? Why?

Germany. That's where most of my ancestors are from, plus that's where Cuckoo Clocks are made.


5. Have you ever crawled through a window?

I had to crawl through my car window because it was raining so much this one time, water was over the road. I drove through it and got swept off into this really swift current. Before I knew it, water started to fill the interior and reached my chin... Okay, all right, confession time. I've never crawled through any kind of window that I remember. But that would've been a cool story, huh?


LOL, Linda, maybe you should be glad that flooding story isn't real! Thanks so much for answering our questions! The Stillburrow Crush comes out next February and I can't wait for everyone to read it.

11 comments:

Diane said...

Fun five questions! I think it's entirely accetable to talk to yourself, just no arguing! :O)

Molly Daniels said...

I also love Cucoo clocks! My sis nearly bought me one when she was in Switzerland, but given the fact I lived in an apartment building, she thought maybe my neighbors might not be appreciative, so she brought me a gigantic Toblerone bar and some pot holders!

Wonderful interview and congrats on your upcoming release:)

Sherry Dale Rogers said...

Cool,cool,cool...Wonderful Five on Friday...

Hope everyone has a lucky day!

LOL, Linda you crack me up.

Robyn Campbell said...

Great answers Linda. Love the one about always having your underwear with you. I never thought about it quite like that.

And you know I'll be buying the book. Can't wait my friend.

Anonymous said...

Fab interview, Linda! What fun answers! You definitely have a calling writing fiction. Hope Julie Garwood is giving you lots of pointers, although it seems you have the process well in hand.

Kat

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Definitely be glad the flood was fictional!

Linda Kage said...

When I was little I'd create characters in my head and talk aloud for them. Sometimes, sure they'd fight and my mom would catch me "talking to myself." But it wasn't me arguing withe me--honest--it was my two fictional people I made up!!

And cuckoo clocks are awesome. We don't run ALL of ours all the time unless we know someone's coming to visit. They still look totally cool lined in row on the wall.

Julie Garwood is super nice, fun, and down to earth. But I'm still usually too timid to actually talk to her. She often times has to say stuff to me first.

Ashley Ladd said...

What a fun interview.

My ancestry is pure German so I'd love to see Germany, too. But for some reason, I want to see England and Australia first if I could only pick one.

I'm glad you didn't have to climb out a car window.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Fun!!
I would love to meet Julie Garwood! Hers were the first historical romances I ever read. :)

Linda LaRoque said...

You're a hoot, Linda. I was all involved in the window situation and then you squashed the tension.

Wow, a book and a baby all in one month!

Natalie said...

I'm a week late to this post but I just wanted to say it's fun to get to know you a little better! I love cuckoo clocks too! And I can totally relate with the feeling of leaving your baby for the first time--it's hard. But don't worry about talking to yourself, we all do it.