Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Five on Friday - April Nichole Edition

We're featuring April Nichole of April Nichole's Blog today for our Five on Friday. April is fairly new to blogging so we're glad to snag her for an interview--but I'll let you tell you about herself:

I'm 26 and I'm a pretty quiet, private person. I've been writing for the fun of it since middle school. It started with poems and in the last several years I've been trying to write stories. Some are better than others but it is all practice. Some of my favorite authors are Frank Peretti, Ted Dekker, Stephenie Meyer, Renee Gutteridge, and Richelle Mead. Seriously if you don't know some of those you really should.

So here are your five questions, April!

1. What is something that annoys you?

People that don't use common sense and they think that what they don't get is funny. Really? Come on, just think through what you are doing and the choices you are making. It really isn't that hard.
2. What country do you most want to visit? Why?
I actually have a list but one top one is Ireland. I don't know why other than I like the way Ireland rolls off the tongue. (I'm a dork I know.) Also in pictures it looks really pretty on the countrysides and I want to see the castles.

3. What TV show are you following this season?

This is one of my addictions. My top one this season though is The Vampire Diaries. Hot guys, hot vampires, great writing, acting, directing can't get any better. Oh wait, yes it can, every week it blows me away with twist and turns, the acting, the hotness. I did mention the hot guys, right? lol

4. Do you have any pets? If so, what?
I have two cats. Wesley and Buttercup. I got their names from the movie The Princess Bride which is one of my favorite movies. Wesley likes to hide in the litter box when it storms. The storm could be miles away, coming, and you could hear the rumblings but he is already in it waiting it out. Buttercup acts like the queen of the place and if she wants you to pet her she will lie down in front of you even if you are walking and she will look at you expecting you to know what to do.

5. Would you go rock climbing? Why or why not?
I would love to but I don't think I could. I'm not an outgoing, outdoorsy person. I would like to think that I could pep myself up to do it but in reality I don't think I could. Even if I got started I would probably get nervous and some point and quietly freak out.


Thanks so much for answering our questions, April! (I love your cats' names--and I would totally freak out on rock climbing, too!) Happy shopping day, everybody--and have a great weekend!

No comments: