Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Cats, Cakes, and Movies of the Season

Continuing with our cat theme from yesterday (you did download Dead Cat Smell, didn't you?) today we've got a purr-fectly (I should have resisted the urge to type that, shouldn't I?) delicious Halloween recipe:

Kitty Litter Cake

How awesome is that? All you need are a few cake mixes, a kitty litter box (eww, unused of course!) and a pooper scooper (also unused, please) to serve it with. Check out the recipe here but be prepared--the author says people generally don't eat too much of this cake. Something about the visual gets in the way, I guess!

And if you want cat-appropriate movies to go along with your feline fun, how about this duo:

The original, Jacque Tourneur 1942 version of Cat People starring Simone Simon ("She knew strange, fierce pleasure that no other woman could feel!")

And the 1944 follow-up The Curse of the Cat People also starring Simone Simon ("The Black Menace Creeps Again!") How purr-fect! (Gah, I did it again!)

So, what's your favorite Halloween recipe? Your must-see movie? Leave me a comment and tell me about it. Everyone who comments this week will be entered into a drawing to win Kimberlee R. Mendoza's Halloween eBook Trick to Treat!

2 comments:

sharonluvscats said...

ewwww!lol

Blaize said...

I'm with you! I don't think I could eat that cake!