Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Never Give Up! Never Give Up! Never Give Up!


Kudos to Sir Winston Churchill, who uttered those immortal words following World War II. Granted, he was talking about how the Allies won the war, but it's become a mantra for me, over the years, about writing. While preparing to write today's blog, I looked through my "master list of submissions" for House of Wacks, to write today's blog, and I was sending out queries as far back as January 9 of 2005, and getting heaps of rejection. I got a total of 28 rejections for House of Wacks. By the end of 2006, I'd pretty much set the manuscript aside. I'd given up, on that particular story, for the time being. About a year later, though, a lady from my church called me up out of the blue. I'd given a copy of House of Wacks to her daughter-in-law, who also happens to be a friend of mine. Gail then gave the book to her mother-in-law, and she read it and called me to say that I should get it published. This happened in August of 2007.

I'd just finished the final galley edits to my first published novel, an erotica. The erotica got published in October of 2007. And during that summer of 2007, I'd written another erotica, but with Nancy's encouragement, I sent House of Wacks out again. This time I sent it to The Wild Rose Press, and the person to whom I sent it was Lori Graham. My master list shows that I sent it to her on September 16, 2007. Lori gave me notes and I re-edited House of Wacks, then sent it back out to her. My last note on the submission list states that Lori was reviewing a requested full on November 5, 2007. Then I made the sale, and it was my second book sale. Lori later assigned me to Kat O'Shea, who worked with me all through 2008 to get the manuscript into good shape.

1 comment: