Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


My Lovely Summer Garden


This is another close-up shot of one of my mammoth sunflowers, and as you can see, the bees are busily working away. I've never been stung by a bee, thank goodness. And I don't know where these little guys come from, but once the sunflowers bloom, the bees arrive.




The tomatoes in the vegetable garden are yielding forth a great abundance. When I came home from my swim today, I ate three large tomatoes with a sprinkling of salt. Delicious.


A friend dropped by the house today and I signed my very first book! Another good friend of mine, who owns a coffee shop in town, is hosting my first book signing tomorrow afternoon, from 2 to 4. I'm excited and a little bit nervous about it, all at the same time.

This is what I mean about the sunflowers growing so heavy, they practically keel over. The stalk will remain upright, but the upper part of the stalk falls over as the sunflower grows heavy.

2 comments:

Danni said...

Your garden is beautiful :)

Lily Stone said...

What beautiful photos, Denise!