Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


How it Feels to Open your First Box of Author Books!


Hello, everyone! I hope you're all having a lovely Saturday! I pre-ordered my author copies of House of Wacks on July 28, and after obsessively following the tracking schedule for UPS, my books arrived on August 7 at 11:45 a.m. God, was I thrilled!
When RJ advised that my author copies were available for order, I checked with my husband to see if he was okay with me ordering twenty to start, and he said that I could order thirty copies. Money's been a little tight this summer, and I'd been thinking I would start with an order of twenty, but I was very pleased by his support. He basically said that we're going to need plenty of extra copies to give away to family members!
Both my mother-in-law and my mother read my books. My mother edits them, too.
Anyway, the UPS guy arrived and I opened the front door. He said, "You must have been expecting me," and I grinned. He carried my box of books to me! Oh, my lovely, lovely box of books! I brought the box into my study and my hubby took out a pocket-knife to cut the tape. It was like opening an amazing present. My books were neatly stacked and supported on both sides by crumpled paper and a slat of cardboard down the middle. I took out only one copy and Doug (my husband) took a photo of me grinning like a maniac, holding my book, then he took another picture of me holding the box.
I have a writer friend who published a nonfiction book a few years ago on baseball. When his book of author books arrived, he wanted to be alone with them to savor the moment. I wanted my husband with me; due to his support, I've been able to become a published author.

3 comments:

Bianca said...

Oh that is amazing!!!

I can totally imagine you keeping track of the UPS truck. I would do that to, if I was having copies of MY book being deliver!

Becke Davis said...

I am so thrilled for you -- I want to see that picture of you holding the book!

Blaize said...

Congrats, Denise! I know everybody is looking forward to holding House of Wacks!