Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


The Day my Books Arrived . . .


This is a photograph of me holding the first book in the box of my shipment. There is another photo of me holding the entire box of books. I'm a goof. This really is a big, huge deal to me and I know I've talked about this before, but I've been writing for a long, long time! What's so ironic is the fact that this is a fun, lighthearted book, but there is nothing lighthearted about the work that goes into editing a novel and whipping it into shape. It's so true of anything to do with the arts. Once I've finished watching a film on the DVD, if I really liked the film, I'll watch it again, with commentary. And even with comedies that have really silly moments, there's a lot of angst going on behind the scenes.

2 comments:

Laurie Larsen said...

That's really cool Denise! Congrats.

Bonnie J. Doerr said...

Denise, I love seeing you hold your book. Your obvious joy brought a smile to my face, too. Where's the champagne????