Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Christine Marciniak on: Opening the Box!

Today, author Christine Marciniak is telling us all about what happened when she opened the box! Take it away, Christine:


I was waiting. Eagerly. Anxiously. Waiting for the UPS truck to come and deliver my author copies of my new book When Mike Kissed Emma. I wanted to hold it in my hand and savor the moment. I wanted my family gathered around and perhaps my husband could take pictures while I (dressed stylishly, of course) in my immaculately clean house (so you’d think maybe I’d clean a bit while waiting, huh?) would open my box of books.

I would gaze lovingly at the pristine copies of my debut novel.

My children would ooh and ahh.

It would be a true Hallmark moment.

And so I waited for the UPS truck to come. And I waited. And waited.

And then I saw the truck—driving right past our house.

Ahem. That truck had my books on it. It said so right on the tracking website. But all was not lost. The truck stopped two houses down. He must just have misread the address (or as we discovered later, hoped to make a quick get-away without being noticed).

I went outside to meet him.

“What’s in the box?” He asked.

“Books,” I answered proudly. “My books.”

“Oh.” He wasn’t terrible impressed that they were my books and he looked slightly concerned. “You see there was a box that leaked,” he began. My heart beat faster with panic as he showed me my box. “And coconut oil got all over your box.”

EEEEEE!

I didn’t actually scream. You should be very proud of my self-restraint.

Instead I went into the house and got scissors so we could open the box and see if there was any damage. The UPS guy put the box on the steps, I handed him the scissors and he cut apart the shipping tape. He opened the box.

And the oil had NOT seeped through the box, all the damage was simply on the outside. With a sigh of relief he handed me back my scissors and was on his way. I took the opened box inside to my waiting family.

Wait! What happened to savoring the moment and having the picture of my first glimpse of my new book (I wasn’t even dressed stylishly)?

Oh well, if all had gone according to plan, I would have had some great pictures, but no story to tell!
That is a great story, Christine! Thanks for sharing your big moment with all of us!

5 comments:

Judith Graves said...

Great story....lol....I was worried there for a second. Glad your babies weren't injured. They look fab!

June said...

Oh, Christine! That was a great story. And I have to say, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that eagerly waits for the UPS driver on book delivery day.

Thanks for sharing that great story!

June

www.junesproat.com

Laurie J. Edwards said...

Whew! Glad your books were OK. Enjoy!!

PJ Hoover said...

I think it's a great first sighting story!

Christine M said...

Thanks everyone. It was a tense moment there but it all worked out ok!