Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Crazy jobs...



Hello out there in blog land! I’m really excited to be with you this week. My new book, The Chronicles of Casey V. OR Mental Ramblings of the Most Awesome Summer of My Life hits the online bookstores tomorrow and I couldn’t be more thrilled.



The book is actually a journal kept by our heroine, Casey V as she heads off to her first job ever, and it’s a doozy of a first job – she has to live away from home – in a cabin – with a bunch of little girls – responsible for their care and safety. YIKES!



So this blog is about jobs. In my About the Author blurb in the back of the book, it lists the plethora of jobs I’ve done over my lifetime, including my weirdest one: vacuum cleaner tester. No kidding. For about six weeks straight one summer, I sat on a tall stool for eight hours a day and pushed a vacuum cleaner over little scraps of carpet.



Why?



To put as many miles as possible on the vacuum, so the advertising could accurately state how many miles the machine was capable of! Four teenagers were gifted with that job. We’d sit in a circle while we vacuumed. A timer was set for 55 minutes. You can imagine the noise in that room – no talking was possible, so we each sat there pushing and pulling our vacuums, reading a book or magazine to pass the time. When the timer rang, we’d turn off our vacuums and get up and stretch for five minutes. To break the boredom, we’d move to the next square of carpet in the circle. I mean, when you’re pushing over a square of SHAG carpet instead of INDOOR-OUTDOOR, it’s a whole different world, huh?



In retrospect, I think Casey V had a much better summer job than I did!! How about you? Leave me a comment and tell me about one of your crazy jobs. And give me a pro and a con about it. For example,
· Pro of the vacuum cleaner job: it was inside a nice, air conditioned building instead of out in the hot sun.
· Con: I ended up with ONE huge bicep by the end of the summer!



Till next time!




Laurie Larsen

7 comments:

Blaize said...

Laurie--ROTFL at your vacuum-testing job. That sounds like the worst! My first job was a little better than that--I was a 'Page' at the library. I sorted and shelved books. The best thing about it? Hello! it was the library, books everywhere, and I never had to pay any late fees! The lousy part though was that it didn't really pay a whole lot. But did I mention the no-late-fee thing?

Laurie Larsen said...

Wow, Blaize. A DREAM job for book lovers like us!

Ali Cross said...

Fun! Congrats on the book!

Your summer job sounds utterly boring. *snore*

I'm trying to remember my worst one . . . and I guess it was sorting potatoes.

Pro: it paid decently well
Con: it was super gross sometimes because the potatoes were often rotten. Yuck!

Blaize said...

LOL, Ali. You probably couldn't look at a baked potato for months after that :) Thanks for stopping by!

Laurie J. Edwards said...

My worst job was working at Hershey Park. I could get into the amusement park free, but I had such bad motion sickness, I couldn't ride any of the rides or I'd get sick. So I'd go with my friends from work & stand around while everyone else had fun. Plus, I learned to hate chocolate after I smelled it all day, every day. I worked in the Chocolate House where everything, even the breakfast stuff was chocolate. But I don't think it was as bad as vacuum cleaner testing or sorting potatoes. LOL

Laurie Larsen said...

OMG Laurie, I've been to Hershey Park at least a dozen times! My hubby grew up in PA and it was a childhood tradition for him to go there every summer. The tradition continued for he and I when we started dating, and then when we got married and had kids, we'd take them there too! Fond memories and I have to admit, I don't think I could ever get tired of the smell of chocolate!

彭于晏Sam said...

cool!i love it!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,情色,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區