Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


From Acorns to Majestic Oaks



Really brief today because I've got to go to work and have a million other things to do, including rewrites on a sold book, and need to write up the synopsis for two more books to add to the publisher's spring list of releases!!! And Friday and Saturday I'll be at a writers conference to both teach a workshop on writing, and to have a book signing and to meet my editor for the first time face-to-face!




But all week I've been writing interviews and guest blogs and trying to come up with something new and fun is hard to do. I just received a request to do an interview for a reviewer's blog after he reviewed one of my books. How did that happen? He loved the quirky read and wanted to ask me some off-the-wall questions, stating that he thought I could handle it with my sense of humor.

Should be...fun. :)

But in the meantime, I wanted to post something about a fellow author's post that she had about acorns growing into oaks. And that's truly how we do start our stories. From a seed of an idea, and it grows from there. We don't just have the whole story in our heads from the get-go, normally. Anyway, that's how it works for me. I have an idea, and it just grows.

Right now I have an idea for two stories, and now I have to write the synopsis for my editor so she can sell it to the publisher, and then I've got to finish writing the stories. But often, you have to write the stories first, then the editor reads it and if she loves it, she recommends a buy.

So I'm off to get ready for work, a trip, and loads of great stuff at the Shreveport conference where I'll get to hang out with lots of fun-loving writers too. :)

Terry Lee Wilde

No comments: