Thank you!

Thank you for all the support you've given the Climbing Rose Young Adult line of The Wild Rose Press. Our stories are still available on The Wild Rose Press website, however, since we aren't publishing new stories, our blog is no longer active. We thank you again for the time you spent with us and invite you to visit our Climbing Rose bookstore.


Fried, Scrambled And Unequally Yoked--now available in print!

The fourth book in the Russell Family series: Fried, Scambled and Unequally Yoked by Kimberlee R. Mendoza is now available in print! And in honor of its release, Kim has stopped by to chat about--what else--the number Four.

Thanks for coming, Kim, can you tell us four things that inspire you:
  1. A good movie. I watch something and it will trigger something in me.
  2. Conversations. I was a playwright first, which means I love dialogue. Listening to the way people talk can really inspire me to write a certain kind of character.
  3. God. I know that sounds trite, but it's true. I have a regular prayer life and things just come to me in those times.
  4. Classes and Conferences. I am always motivated after learning. Maybe that's why I went to school for 33 years :)
Name four movies you can watch over and over:
  1. The Matrix is my all time favorite movie. It has everything. Just love it.
  2. A Walk to Remember. I know critics hated it, but the love that man has for her is just so pure.
  3. Pretty in Pink. I'm an 80's girl and it reminds me of all things I loved about high school :)
  4. The Majestic with Jim Carrey. It is just such a feel good movie. I laugh, cry, just love how I feel in the end.
Name four people you admire:
  1. This a question I'm never good at answering...so most likely my answers will probably be odd. :) My mother. My father left her when I was 3. She raised me and was always a good role model.
  2. Mel Gibson. I know, weird, right? But he put up with so much negative press, but stayed true to his art and message. I have to admire him for that.
  3. The disciples in the Bible. Yeah, I'm strange. But they died for what they believed in. If only we all could be so strong in our convictions.
  4. This blind guy who was on American Idol the other night. He proved that having a handicap is no excuse to quit on your dream. I love that kind of stuff.
Name four foods you have to have around:
  1. Dark chocolate!!! In almost every drawer. It's a must have!
  2. Kettle corn. Salty and sweet...love it.
  3. Low calorie snacks. I like to pretend to be doing the right thing.
  4. Asian food. It's my fave!
Name four books you've read more than once:
  1. I don't do that often, because I have soooo many on my shelf I haven't read yet. Let's see...Island of the Blue Dolphins.
  2. Three by Ted Dekker
  3. Echoes by Robin Jones Gunn
  4. The Bible--I went to Christian school...so I've read it probably a 100 times :) Oh, and anything written by me...cuz I have to edit it a trillion times. LOL :)
And finally, how about four words that describe the Russell Family series:
  1. Using some of my book reviews, this is what they've said...Romantic
  2. Real
  3. Fast-Paced (whoops that's two words)
  4. Inspiring

In each of my books, I deal with tough issues teens face. Book one (Love Thy Sister, Guard Thy Man)was about sibling rivalry and first love; the second (Oh Brother, You're Not My Keeper), loss and rejection; Book three (Seek Ye First My Heart)was about insecurity and self-esteem; the fourth (Fried, Scrambled and Unequally Yoked) was peer pressure.

I like when reviewers say my characters are "real," because I want the reader to walk away feeling like they've met someone who is just like them. Who has dealt with the same things. The hardest journey I think is Fried, Scrambled and Unequally Yoked, because the character actually deals with life and death decisions. I just got a letter from a reader the other day who has been dealing with the angst of divorce. My books are helping her. That is the most precious gift I can ask for. It's why I write.

Kim, thanks so much for stopping by! Don't forget to visit Kim at her website http://www.kmendoza.com/ and download a copy of Fried, Scrambled and Unequally Yoked from the Climbing Rose store or a grab a print copy from Amazon.

1 comment:

Debra St. John said...

Hi Kim! I am an 80s girl, too, and I love "Pretty in Pink". I'm with you on the dark chocolate and kettle corn as well! Congrats on your release!!